The acidity of tomato brings clarity and depth of flavor to the pesto topping in this amazingly easy, four-ingredient salmon meal.
- 2 True North Salmon Fillets
- 4 tbsp. Pesto
- 4 tsp. Olive Oil
- Tomato Slices
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place 2 salmon fillets on top of foil (big enough to wrap salmon, allowing for some overlapping).
- Put 2 tsp. of olive oil in the centre of each salmon fillet and 2 tsp. of pesto covering the entire top of the salmon fillets. Top salmon with tomato slices.
- Wrap salmon tightly in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with a side of steamed broccoli, quinoa pilaf, grilled asparagus, roasted root vegetables, or lentil salad. Enjoy!
Did you know?
This recipe is an adaptation of the classic French technique en papillote. So if you have a roll of parchment paper, feel free to use it instead for an authentically European-style meal.