This delicious grilled salmon dish is both light and deeply flavorful. The orange and pomegranate glaze adds citrusy sweetness, there’s warmth from ginger and a hint of spice from the chili and garlic – adjust these to your personal preferences.
Recipe Difficulty Easy
- For the Spicy Pomegranate Orange Glaze:
- 1/3 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 1” piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 1 tbsp. grated orange zest
- For the salmon:
- 4 Fresh Atlantic Salmon Portions
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, plus more for oiling grill
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, heat orange juice, pomegranate juice, ginger, garlic and chili flakes to a simmer; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in the honey, thyme, and orange zest.
- Reduce mixture to 1/3 cup; about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard ginger, garlic, and thyme sprig. Divide glaze in half and set aside one half in a small bowl for serving.
- Lightly oil a clean grill and preheat to medium high (375°F).
- While the grill is heating, pat salmon thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Brush both sides of each portion with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay salmon flesh side down on the grill and cook, without moving, for 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip salmon skin side down and brush well with remaining glaze.
- Cook 2 minutes, then brush again with glaze. Cover grill and cook 1 minute.
- Remove to a plate and allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, if using, and serve with reserved sauce on the side.