This unique dish features lots of texture: firm, yet flaky Patagonia silver hake atop a bed of sautéed wild mushrooms and spinach.
Recipe Difficulty Easy
- 8 Patagonia silver hake fillets
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 8 oz. oyster or other wild mushrooms
- 1 shallot, chopped fine
- 8 oz. white wine
- Flour, for dusting
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- Place hake fillets on a flat surface, season with salt, pepper and paprika coat seasoned hake in flour and set aside.
- Heat a medium skillet, add butter and olive oil.
- lace lightly floured hake into the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides. Remove hake from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce the liquid to a saucy consistency.
- Reduce the heat and add mushrooms, shallots and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place the sautéed spinach and mushrooms on a plate and place hake over the vegetables.