Get app-y with our easy (and delicious) sockeye salmon bites. Fresh salmon is marinated in a blend of crisp Riesling, soy and citrus, then grilled to perfection.
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds Alaska Sockeye salmon, fresh or thawed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup Riesling
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- green onion curls or cilantro (optional for garnish)
- In a sauce pan, heat the oils over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until soft. Add the Riesling, soy sauce, orange juice and honey; simmer until reduced by half. When cool, add Alaska Sockeye salmon pieces to marinade and marinate for 3 to 5 minutes, turning to coat all sides.
- Grill salmon pieces over medium heat on grill or grill top, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Garnish with green onion curls or cilantro, if desired. Skewer with wooden picks to serve.
Did you know?
Alaska sockeye salmon is a favorite among seafood connoisseurs for its bright color, firm texture and intense, rich flavor. In other words, sockeye is basically the salmon-lover’s salmon.
Nutrients per serving (1 bite):
- 38 calories
- 2g total fat
- <1g saturated fat
- 43% calories from fat
- 12mg cholesterol
- 4g protein
- 1g carbohydrate
- <1g fiber
- 145mg sodium
- 2mg calcium
- 230mg omega-3 fatty acids
Recipe by Chef John Sarich, Culinary Director, Chateau Ste. Michelle.