Get app-y with our easy (and delicious) sockeye salmon bites. Fresh salmon is marinated in a blend of crisp Riesling, soy and citrus, then grilled to perfection.
- 4 fresh Atlantic salmon steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup Riesling
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds Alaska Sockeye salmon, fresh or thawed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- green onion curls or cilantro (optional for garnish)
- In a sauce pan, heat the oils over medium heat. Sauté garlic and ginger until soft. Add the Riesling, soy sauce, orange juice and honey; simmer until reduced by half. When cool, add Alaska Sockeye salmon pieces to marinade and marinate for 3 to 5 minutes, turning to coat all sides.
- Grill salmon pieces over medium heat on grill or grill top, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Garnish with green onion curls or cilantro, if desired. Skewer with wooden picks to serve.
Did you know?
Alaskan sockeye salmon is a favorite among seafood connoisseurs for its bright color, firm texture and intense, rich flavor. In fact, many seafood enthusiasts prefer sockeye over Atlantic and Pacific salmon. In other words, sockeye is basically the salmon-lover’s salmon.