TRUE NORTH SEAFOOD
Toppers Smoked Salmon Flakes seasoned with lemon and dill
Recall by CFIA due to Listeria monocytogenes
November 3, 2017
On November 3, 2017 CFIA posted a class 1 recall product on their website for True North Seafood Toppers Smoked Salmon Flakes seasoned with lemon and dill due to Listeria monocytogenes
- This recall relates to October 3rd production from our AFS facility that reached the market. Size 113g packages, UPC 6071972255, Codes 7838. All best before dates up to and including November 17, 2017. Approximately 107 lbs. of product are involved.
- There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
- This affects two customers: Loblaw and Sobeys. Both retailers have been contacted
PREVENTATIVE ACTIONS TAKEN:
- We have already implemented several changes to our procedures to eliminate the
possibility of future contamination. Extensive testing continues.
- We engaged outside sources to inspect our processing facilities and our practices and make recommendations for further improvement.
- We asked our chemical supplier and their microbiologist to visit our facilities to review all our practices and our sanitation techniques.