Add a touch of Cajun heat to your next pasta meal. Spicy sautéed shrimp, roasted cherry tomatoes and tender-crisp veggies are tossed with linguini and fresh herbs to create a dish that’s authentically delicious.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ½ pound linguine or fettuccine
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut in eighths
- 1 cup roasted red and yellow cherry tomatoes (see note below)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and add shrimp.
- Season to taste with Cajun seasoning; cook and stir until shrimp is done.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Add remaining oil to pan and heat.
- Add zucchini, onion and tomatoes.
- Stir fry until zucchini and onion are crisp tender.
- Add thyme, parsley, shrimp and cooked pasta.
- Stir fry several minutes and place onto serving plates.
Makes: 4 servings.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Vegetables
True North Seafood
Note: To roast tomatoes place on baking pan and add 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt, and fresh ground pepper. Stir to combine. Roast in 425°F oven, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until skins start to blister.