Sweet and smoky come together in this delectable dish that satisfies BBQ cravings year round. Popped in the oven, our Honey BBQ salmon adds a summer sunset feel to your plate no matter the season.
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon portions
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. dried minced onions
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and green onions in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper, and place in pan skin side UP. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely seared.
- Turn salmon so that it is skin side down. Baste with BBQ sauce and place pan in oven until salmon is cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Baste salmon again with sauce and sprinkle with green onions.