Crunchy cucumber slices are topped with horseradish-infused cream cheese and hot smoked salmon to create tasty, elegant hors d’oeuvres that are guaranteed to impress even the toughest crowd. We love serving these on fresh baguette!
- 113g hot smoked salmon, broken in pieces
- 1 8oz-pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp. horseradish
- 4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 cucumbers
- Fresh dill and lemon zest, for garnish
- In a food processor or blender put cream cheese, onions, dill and horseradish. Process until well blended. Scrape down sides. With the machine running, pour in the cream through the feeder tube until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice cucumbers.
- Pipe or spoon cheese mixture onto the cucumber rounds. Garnish with Hot Smoked Salmon, dill and lemon zest.
Did you know?
You can substitute the hot smoked salmon for cold smoked salmon, but we recommend trying hot smoked first. We love the way the tanginess of the cream cheese provides a wonderful balance to the intense smoky richness and melt-in-your-mouth texture of hot smoked salmon