Love mixing sweet with heat? We’ve got you covered. Try this delicious scallop recipe – ready in under 20 minutes!
- 12 oz True North Sea Scallops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 2 Tsp garlic, minced
- 1 hot chili, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1⁄4 Tsp black pepper, ground
- 4 baby bok choy, cut in half
- In a bowl combine 1 Tbsp oil, garlic, chili, lemon, orange juice, mint, basil, soy sauce, honey and black pepper, whisk until combined.
- Place the scallops in the marinade and let stand for 10 minutes at room temperature then pat dry on paper towel.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp of oil. Sear the scallops until just done, (about 2 minutes per side). Remove from pan and keep warm.
- In the same pan, add the bok choy halves and the marinade, cover and steam for 2 minutes.
- Place 4 bok choy halves on each plate, top with half of the scallops, then use the hot marinade from the pan as a sauce.
- Top with more chopped mint and basil, chili slices and sesame seeds if desired.