Looking for a simple and scrumptious scallop recipe? Highlight the natural flavors and freshness of True North Seafood sea scallops with garlic and basil, and the job is done!
- 12 large Sea Scallops
- Salt & pepper
- 2 1/2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh basil
- Zest, 1/2 lemon
- Sear Scallops:
- Wash scallops and pat dry with paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium sized skillet on high heat; when pan is hot, melt 1 tsp. butter and place scallops in the pan. If necessary, work in batches at a time, to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Sear without moving them until the bottom forms a crust, this should take a few minutes. Turn over and cook 1-2 more minutes, until the center is slightly translucent and the bottom is seared.
- Remove from pan and set aside on a warm plate.
- Make Garlic Butter sauce:
- In the same pan, add the remainder of the butter and the garlic to the pan. Cook until garlic has browned and is fragrant, then take the pan off the heat.
- Stir in basil leaves and lemon zest.
- Pour garlic basil butter over top of the plated scallops
- Serve with your favorite greens or pair with a fresh salad!