To those of you looking for a dish with tropical flair, may we introduce Seared Scallops with Mango Salsa!
This dish is fun and sunny, with flavors you’ll be coming back to every weekend of the summer.
- 12oz sea scallops
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Lime Rice
- 1 cup rice of choice
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- Avocado Mango Salsa
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 large mango, diced (substitute for pineapple, if preferred)
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- Handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Begin with lime rice:
- Follow the cooking instructions on the rice packaging
- When cooked, remove from heat and let sit while covered for 10 minutes
- Fold in lime juice and zest.
- Then, prepare scallops:
- Wash scallops and pat dry with paper towel. Season salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet on high heat. When pan is hot, melt 1 tsp. butter and place scallops in the pan. (If necessary, work in batches of scallops to avoid overcrowding the pan.)
- Sear without moving the scallops for a few minutes, until the bottom forms a crust. Turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the center is slightly translucent and the bottom is seared.
- Remove from pan and set aside on a warm plate.
- Combine salad ingredients:
- Prepare all salad ingredients and add to a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Set aside until serving.
- Spoon some lime rice into individual bowls.
- Top with a generous spoonful of mango salsa.
- Top the dish with seared scallops.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime. Serve immediately.