All the indulgence (without all the calories) – not to mention: super quick and easy!
- 8 oz True North Bay Scallops
- 250 g dried linguine (half of a small box)
- 2 Tsp salt
- 4 strips bacon, chopped coarsely
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1⁄2 Tsp black pepper, ground
- Salt to taste
- Fill a medium pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Cook the linguine in the boiling water 8-10 minutes until al dente.
- When linguine is cooked, drain in a colander and reserve (do not rinse or cool).
- In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until done but not crispy, remove from the pan and drain excess fat.
- .Return the pan to the heat, add the garlic and the scallops, cook for 1 minute
- Return the bacon to the pan, add the pasta and the chicken broth, cook on high for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle in the Parmigiano and cracked black pepper, then season with salt.
- Top with shredded Parmigiano, chopped green onion and more pepper if desired.