Add some local flavor to our classic Alaska sockeye salmon — we highly recommend using a local honey in this dish, great to support the local community and excellent table conversation.
- 1 True North Alaska Sockeye Salmon fillet
- 4 Tbsp local honey
- 1 Tbsp chipotle in adobo, pureed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 of a lime
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Place the chipotle puree and honey in a bowl and whisk until smooth
- With a sharp knife cut the salmon fillet lengthwise into 2 equal parts
- On a baking sheet lay the salmon pieces on a piece of greased foil and season with salt and pepper
- Fold the sides of the foil up to contain the glaze
- Pour the glaze evenly over the fillet
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Squeeze 1⁄2 a lime over the top to finish.
- Serve with corn bread and your favorite slaw (creamy or vinaigrette style)