This southern-style crab recipe is light, tangy and impressively easy, giving you a simple and delicious way to enjoy some red crab.
- 1lb crab meat
- 1 c sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c canola oil
- 1/3 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 head lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except lettuce.
- Mix well, cover, and refrigerate minimum of 2 hours or until ready to use.
- Tear leaves from head of lettuce & wash.
- Spoon 3 tbsp of crab mixture into each lettuce cup.
- Serve immediately.
- * For best results, make crab mixture a day ahead.